Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shadows of Myth and Legend - E.J. Stevens

A collection of dark faerie tales inspired by folklore, myth and legend told in the haunting lyrical style of dark poet E.J. Stevens. Filled with poems about vampires, werewolves, and other paranormal creatures of the night. 




I won this one off http://www.fromtheshadows.info , Great Blog if you have a moment to check it out. I honestly wasn't sure what I was going to think of this one. When I read the back I kept thinking ... Paranormal, Fae, folklore .... This could be so good because I am absolutely in love with all things Fae and Paranormal! Or it could be horrible, because the author could just not understand the real folklore behind the Fae and  all other paranormal creatures and just make a whole bunch of stuff up and be a poser... All I have to say is I'm so happy I won this book!!! She definitely captured the real Fae, and what I pictured them to be like. I highly recommend this book to all those who are paranormal lovers! I am definitely recommending this one to all my friends! My 2 favorites was called Exile and Love of a Shifter. Such a great read! Here is one of my favorites! 

Exile

Legs bound with cold iron
So you cannot flee
Wings wrapped in a glamour 
For no human eyes to see

Stranded in the mortal realm
No magic to sustain your youth
A terrible price to pay
For seeking out the truth

Exiled from all Sidhe lands
Sent far from kith and kin
Judged by both Seelie courts
Guilty of our greatest sin



No comments:

Post a Comment